Sunday, July 11, 2010

Drinking Up Love



two of the most important people in my life have told me that i "drink up love." the first was my mom... she says that i take and take and never give. i drain people's love tanks but never refill them. i ceaselessly "drink up love." I am needy. the second was Seth. He told me that I am more like a Labrador than a pit-bull...no matter how much love someone can give me I can take it all and more. Does this mean he thinks I am never satisfied? or high maintenance? do i make him feel like his love is insufficient? Am I never satisfied? Do I drain love tanks?

this question is almost too much to answer...it requires looking a little too deeply into myself. who am i? I AM A CHILD OF GOD. believe feel believe trust know...yes. no doubt no question.

so do i drain love tanks? yes, i do. the question is, do i pour out love? am i needy to the point of co-dependence, where everything is never enough? no. not anymore. i am co-dependent indeed, but only on Christ. I need Him always. always with me, always in me,every decision helping me decide what to do and who to be. I am ONLY who He says I am.

Lord, fill me up with Your Love, so that my love tank is forever full and ever ready to pour. God is Love. I Love Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment