Monday, July 11, 2011

A BAD DAY / A DAY IN THE LIFE

diffuse
Teaching has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. Today was SO SHITTY. SO SHITTY. I thought that I had this down way better than that. But I didn't. My CMA gave me this look, like, oh how sad you are still SO SHITTY at teaching. You are leading your students to academic death. I feel like I should just quit this job and go into grad school. Maybe I should find some rich man to take care of me. Maybe I should do anything but this... I fail and I fail and I fail. Will it be like this when I go back to my region??? God, please no. I will quit if it is this bad in South Dakota. Can I blame this on the fact that I am teaching writing/reading? I think not, I think yes, I think I don't know how or what to think anymore. Epic failure and that is all.

************************

refocus
Teaching has to be one of the hardest things I have ever done. Today two students will be receiving a phone call home because they got up to three on the consequence chart. I suppose that my lesson should have been much more interactive. It is Monday; I should have known that students would be tired. To be fair to myself, the higher students really seemed to take alot away from this lesson. POETRY. Specifically, the theme of a poem. Mending Walls by Robert Frost and The Poison Tree by William Blake. Excellent poems, I think I did a good job with the think aloud portion. Hmm, but my CMA has said that sometimes I sound unsure of how to communicate the material, and my lesson plans are supposed to help fix that. I didn't follow my LP very well because I thought that I needed to adopt to where the class was readiness-wise. However, I think that maybe I should have let them break up into groups and fly on their own a bit. Kaedeen seems to be behaving now with Mr. Esch, and he was hell in a hand basket for me. (PS that is a metaphor :P ) I know also that I should have been more focused on the BMC. That woulda helped...ALOT. I have a meeting with my CMA tonight. It is going to be rough. But today was a BAD DAY, not a usual day. Granted, days like today SHOULD NOT HAPPEN. But good teachers are made not born, and I KNOW that I can be a great teacher. Not just good. Great. Every day I learn something new. And today, today I learned that behavior management can be more important that content.

No comments:

Post a Comment