Friday, December 30, 2011

Things about me that I need to work on.

So, I don't like this entry. I like myself just fine the way I am. And I don't want to be changed, but I do. How honest can I be with myself concerning the problems with my character and behaviors (very interlinked, I know)? How much honesty can you take? Dare we continue this???

I am going to think about this all day, and talk to people about it, and get back to this tonight. I'm nervous. And I hope it turns out to be scandalous and appalling, because otherwise we know it isn't real.

Peace.


...To be honest, it is tonight, and I don't think I have anything real to write. Maybe tomorrow. This is bad. Lame-o Jame-o. lol.


3 January 2012

1. Fickle/lack of follow through

  • "What do you think? A man had two sons. And he went to the first and said, 'Son, go and work in the vineyard today.' And he answered, 'I will not,' but afterward he changed his mind and went. And he went to the other son and said the same. And he answered, 'I go, sir,' but did not go. Which of the two did the will of his father?" Matthew 21:28-31

2. Procrastinate

3. Dislike for and rebellion towards authority
  • "Remind them to be submissive to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good work..." Titus 3:1
4. Rationalize things I know to be wrong
  • "He shall confess his sin that he has committed,And he shall make full restitution for his wrong, adding a fifth to it and giving it to him to whom he did the wrong." Numbers 5:7
  • "Therefore, confess your sins to another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working." James 5:16
5. Pass on pain

6. Allow anger to consume me
  • "Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8
  • "Do not be overcome with evil, but be overcome with good." Romans 12:21
7. Place blame (play the victim)

8. Respond in kind to passive aggressiveness (is this the same as passing on pain?)

  • "If your enemy is hungry, feed him. If he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing so you will heap burning coals of shame on his head." Romans 12:20

9. Try to distract myself rather than deal with the issue

10. Get lonely

11. Get bored

12. Don't like being corrected.
  • "Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but whoever hates reproof is stupid." Proverbs 12:1

No comments:

Post a Comment