Thursday, December 8, 2011

Where I'm From


I am from powder,
existing to cover imperfections
freely blown with the wind
slipping through your fingers when too tightly grasped
I am from powder.

I am from silence,
tearing apart relationships through encroaching too much 
creating more than ripples than can be known
sharing truth without pretenses 
I am from silence.

I am from expectations,
conforming to mediocrity
withholding acceptance when the mold is not fit
uncovering truth by escaping boxes I don't fit inside
I am from expectations. 

I am from the middle ground,
winning neither game 
partially living and partially hiding
appearing balanced by the jaded scale
I am from the middle ground. 

I am from my heart,
a place where there is space
and company
I am from my heart.


no excuses

No comments:

Post a Comment