Monday, January 30, 2012

beauty full

This weekend was amazing.

Specifically my experience worshipping my God. I have never been moved to tears because of joy, but during the "Days of Elijah" song my heart was overflowing. The words talk about the excited expectation we have of the return of Christ and of prophecies being fulfilled...Is there anything better than knowing those things are true; is there anything better than those things actually being true!? I think hearing my dad sing and just be holding nothing back, pouring his whole heart out for thanks and hope and praise for the promises of God to us, pushed me over the edge into tears. Being with other believers and worshipping Jesus, the God who humbled himself and made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can share in the joy of knowing Him and being with Him, is like nothing else. God blessed me this weekend with unimaginable joy. I can't even put it into words. It was so deep, and I still feel it. I believe this is a new way that God is allowing me to experience His presence, His Holy Spirit in my life. True joy, not temporary happiness, is something I have been praying for for months now, and God chose Sunday to introduce it to my life in a whole new way. And then, the sermon was on true joy. Perfect timing :).

No comments:

Post a Comment