Thursday, January 5, 2012

i wish that i could hook a cable up to my mind as i am falling asleep and have all my thoughts downloaded and recorded on my computer, and then have them deleted from my mind so i could just get to sleep!

 so i stayed home sick today, and let me tell you, i am! i think that today has shed a little perspective for me on what matters in life. there is no reason not to enjoy every day that we are given! we have to experience each day anyway, we might as well search out the little things that make this world a little brighter and she day in our lives and the lives of others. that is why it is so fun to see little kids playing and chasing each other and responding to the world around them. everything is stimulating and the world still holds so much wonder and delight. my focus is going back to that which brings me wonder and delight.

my cousin posted a link to this article on Facebook, and i took the time to read it today. it is quite good and is helping me to view marriage in a more accurate light. marriage is not about a fairytale, because  fairytales are based on perfection, while marriages involve people. can't have both. furthermore, people always change when they get married, but rather than that being some tragic thing, as sometimes i have thought, it is more like a natural occurrence. people get put in new situations and they change. nothing shocking there. however, if we expect marriage to be fulfilling because of the quality of the person we marry, we are fooling ourselves. my grandma told me that marriage is like putting two jagged rocks in a tumbler. they chip off the rough edges from each other until they become smooth. but even when you think all the rough edges are gone, there you find another one. i guess marriage could be God's refining tool for His people. anyway, i really like what this article has to say about what marriage is and what it is not.

I connected the link, jic: You Never Marry The Right Person

1 comment:

  1. Halleluia Amen, when you invent the title, I want one!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete